Medium Rigid (MR)
MR vehicles include:
- Trucks and buses with a GVM more than eight tonnes and two axles
- Any towed trailer must not weigh more than nine tonnes GVM.
To apply for an MR licence, you must:
- Have held a class C licence, (except a learner licence) or equivalent for one year or more. Any time you've spent on a P1 licence counts, but you can't practice to drive an MR vehicle, or upgrade to an MR licence until you hold a P2 or full class C licence
- Pass the MR knowledge test
- Pass an eyesight test
- Successfully complete HVCBA, or pass a Roads and Maritime driving test.