Heavy Combination Licence (HC)
HC vehicles include:
- Articulated vehicles with three or more axles
- Heavy rigid vehicle trailer combinations including unladen dolly, with three or more axles
- Any towed trailer with a GVM more than nine tonnes.
To apply for an HC licence, you must:
- Have held a class MR or HR licence or equivalent for one year or more. Any time you've spent on a P2 MR or HR licence counts, but you can't practice to drive an HC vehicle, or upgrade to an HC licence until you hold a full class MR or HR licence
- Pass the HC knowledge test
- Pass an eyesight test
- Successfully complete HVCBA, or pass a Roads and Maritime driving test.